Polling Day Arrangements
School is open but please avoid the main entrance office area
I would just like to inform you that school will be used as a polling station this Thursday (8th June 2017).
The polling station will be located in the main entrance area of the school (next to the school office). In order to give members of the public the privacy required to vote we must not allow children or parents to use this main entrance area. Please read the following points carefully so that you are aware of the arrangements for school access on this day.
- If you need to make any payments at the school office or hand in any forms/letters then please do this on Friday 9th June 2017. Alternatively place letters/money etc in a sealed envelope which you could give to your son/daughter to pass to their teacher.
- If your child has an appointment on Thursday, then we would appreciate it if you could telephone the office just before you make your way to school so that we can arrange for your child to come out of class and be escorted out of the school building (via another door) to meet you at the decked seating area at the front of the school.
- Please do not let your child be late for school. If you know that you are running late or if your child has to go to an appointment before coming to school then please ring the office to inform that you are on your way. We will then come out of school (via an alternative door) to meet you and your child at the decked seating area at the front of the school.
- After school clubs that normally leave from the main entrance will be dismissed from the bottom yard for this one day.
- Any other contact with the school office on this day must be made via a telephone call.
I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this day may cause but I feel strongly that one day of disruption to the school main entrance far out weighs closing the whole school resulting in children missing a day of their education.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Mrs C. Jones