We are all excited for our upcoming visit to Stockeld Park on Wednesday. Most children have returned their consent forms. If you have yet to complete and return a consent form, then please could you do this tomorrow.
As you will have noticed, it has been cold and windy over the weekend. With the low temperatures and gusty winds, it is essential that children are suitably clothed on Wednesday. Children will spend most of the day outside and in order for them to fully enjoy the day they need to be warm. Below is a list of what children should ideally be wearing/bring with them on the Wednesday.
- Warm coat
- Layered long sleeved tops (thin layers are better than one jumper to keep warm)
- Trousers/tracksuit bottoms – ideally not leggings
- Tights, leggings or long johns if you have them under trousers
- Hat, scarf and gloves (2 pairs of gloves as they may get wet on the ice)
- Thick socks or two pairs of socks to keep feet warm – an additional pair of socks in case their first pair get wet
- Outdoor footwear ideally walking boots, sturdy trainers (not canvas or mesh trainers) or wellington boots with plenty of socks.
We have estimated time of arrival back at school to 5.45pm. Children will be escorted into the building and handed over safely from their classroom. Parents may come into school and wait in the dining room until we arrive back at school. Please allow us to get all the children safely back in school before collecting them from their class. If times change i.e. we expect to return earlier/later than stated, we will send out a text message.
Please take a look at the Stockeld Park website with your child so you can see the magic and fun that’s waiting for us on Wednesday.
If you have any queries, then please do not hesitate to contact school.